Monday, April 2, 2018

Four Years Without a Post.

Aircraft clock

I didn't have many readers to start with but I am certain I'm down to zero now.

Sometimes life just gets ahead of us and then it seems like it's too late to start again. Shortly after my blog post on the start of World War II, I began a new job. I wanted to keep blogging. There were even a couple of posts (one by my wife) after I started the new job but there just didn't seem to be enough time to keep up with the writing I wanted to do.

Time wasn't the only issue. During the time I was away, I lost two family members in a very short time frame.  Blogging just didn't call me to while I was dealing with two deaths so close together.

Despite the passage of time, I've decided I really want to begin blogging again. No, I don't have more time. In fact, I started a new position at the end of 2016 that has given me an almost three hour round trip commute. I also returned to college after almost 30 years. I may even have less time than I did in 2014 when I stopped blogging. While I am in the middle of a time crunch, I have still felt the pull to begin blogging again. So here I am.

My plan is to start where I left off in 2014, creating posts about my favorite YouTube Channels, Podcasts, and Websites. I may even do some of my longer in-depth opinion pieces on energy policy, technology, space policy and possibly some military technology posts.  My focus will be on shorter posts. The time crunch still exists. But you never know where my interests may lead.

Stay tuned I will make my first new blog post on Tuesday with a short review of a really good YouTube Channel

No comments: